What is the goal of the League of the South?
In the era in which we find ourselves, it has become apparent that an intentional attack is underway against the South and all of our institutions. Historically, the South has always been the most conservative and Christian region of America. Yet, since 1861, there has been a deliberate attempt to rob the individual States of their sovereignty and to centralise all power in the hands of an almighty federal government.
This has resulted in a tremendous loss of liberty, at the expense of both the individual and the several States. It is the cause of prayer and the Ten Commandments being removed from the public arena; it is the cause of a loss of freedom of association, of private property, of freedom of speech and civil liberties… in short, it is a loss of all of the essential liberties that our Founding Fathers held so dear.
The League of the South believes that the answer to these problems is a free and independent Southern republic.
We envision the States peacefully and lawfully exercising their Right of self-determination and withdrawing from the present union dominated by an aggressive, centralized federal government; only then can a true constitutional republic, founded upon the Bible and the original constitution, once again exist in America. We are not so naïve as to believe that the Northern states, nor their West Coast counterparts, have a desire to ever return to the Bible or the Constitution, if they ever did before; and, therefore, we know that the likelihood of reversing the current course of Washington is non-existent.
We do not believe that this struggle for an independent South will be an easy one nor a quick one… but we believe that it is the only hope for our children and grandchildren to live free!
Our Statement of Purpose
“We seek to advance the cultural, social, economic, and political well-being and independence of the Southern people by all honourable means.”
Our Positions on Key Issues
- The need for a Biblical revival
- Protection of our 2nd Amendment Rights
- An immediate end to legal abortion, homosexuality, and euthanasia
- An immediate end to the flood of legal immigration and protection of our borders from illegal immigration
- Withdrawal of our Southern sons and daughters in the military from being used to “police the world” of its problems
- Preservation and promulgation of traditional, historic Southern culture and heritage, including its symbols
- Removal of all federal control of education
- The use of States’ Rights to end federal tyranny in every area of our lives
- Electing pro-Southern candidates
- Seminars and Institutes open to the public
- Public rallies and “flaggings” of opponents
- Support for home-schooling and private education
- Cultural events
- Use of media through radio, television, newspapers, and the Internet to educate the public
Our Invitation to You
We are a grass-roots Movement, made of pastors, teachers, professionals, farmers, scientists, small business owners, workers, and homemakers… in short, we are the common People of Georgia who have come to the realization that, unless something is done now, our children and grandchildren will never have the opportunity to live their lives as free men and women.
We are not a racist nor a military organization – just an organisation of dedicated, like-minded Christian Southerners.
Thousands have already joined our movement and we invite you to join us in our patriotic stand!
Feel free to call us toll-free at 1-800-888-3163!
"The Principle for which we contended is bound to reassert itself, though it may be at another time and in another form."
- Jefferson Davis